Present: Sharon Henley (Chairman), David Lane, Angela Brodie, Sue Stanley, Graham
Yandell, Jon Hillyard. Keith Mason
Daventry District Councillor Johnnie Amos, Daventry District Councillor David Smith
874. Apologies for Absence: There were no apologies for absence
875. Declarations of interest. No declarations of interest
876. Resolution to sign and approve Minutes of Regular Meeting dated 14th December
2015 and interim meeting dated 11th January 2016.
These were signed by the Chairman as a true and accurate record of the meeting.
877. Matters Arising – from previous minutes for updates only
i) Item 837 ii) Road Flooding on A5.
As there had been no further problems it was agreed that this item would be reviewed
again in the new financial year when it is hoped Highways England will have funds
for a permanent solution
ii) Item 848 Tree Maintenance – Main Street, Church Stowe.
The land owner has removed the necessary trees. No further action
878. Planning Approvals – Review of Past Planning Applications
i) DA/2015/0195 Land at Stowe Hill, Watling Street. Land for one Gypsy Pitch
DDC have notified the Parish Council that this application will be considered by
the Planning Committee on 3rd February. The planning officer is recommending that
the application should be approved. The majority of the Parish Council’s objections
have been addressed by the planning officer in his report to the Planning Committee.
Much concern was expressed by the Parish Council and many parishioners present at
the meeting with regard to the District Council’s ability to enforce any conditions
that might form part of the approval. It was agreed that Councillor Yandell would
speak on behalf of the Parish Council for the permitted three minutes to reinforce
both the Parish Council’s objections to the application and also their concern over
the District Council’s ability to reinforce any conditions.
The parishioners present then elected Mr. William Wells to speak for three minutes
as a representative of the individual objectors.
District Councillor David Smith sits on the Planning Committee and will therefore
be able to speak in support of the views and concerns of the Parish Council and
individual objectors. District Councillor Johnnie Amos will unfortunately be out
of the country on business but will write a letter to the Planning Committee adding
his support. As many Parish Councillors and parishioners as possible were encouraged
to attend the meeting.
879. Statement of Accounts/Accounts for Payment.
i) The balance of account in the Nationwide Building Society was £2586.01
ii) NCALC Training Meeting for New Councillors (J. Hillyard) - £39.00
less £34.00 training voucher – therefore £5.00 to pay.
Proposed by Sharon Henley, seconded by David Lane and agreed unanimously that the
above account should be passed for payment.
880. Planning Application Update
DA/2015/0061 – Land adj. Kiln Cottage, Upper Stowe
The application has been approved with a number of conditions
881. Community Defibrillator
a) Update from Steve Gilkes re. Signs
As Steve Gilkes was unable to attend there was nothing to report
b) Communications to parishioners
The Chairman and Clerk will look into this.
882. Radar Memorial – Brown Tourist Sign
Councillor Amos is continuing to progress this.
883. Transparency Code
The Clerk is still will report on the development of a web site at the next meeting
884. Edmund Arnold Charity
It was agreed to re-appoint Jo Dickson to represent Stowe IX Churches on this Charity
for the next five years.
885. Condition of roads through village
The muddy roads at the moment are a seasonal rural problem. There is however a problem
with the size and weight of HGV’s passing through Upper Stowe. These are not thought
to be farm delivery vehicles. To be reviewed at the next meeting when hopefully
more information is available.
886. Northants County Council – Minerals & Waste Local Plan Update Consultation.
The Parish Council were pleased to note that possible excavation at Dodford has
now been removed from this plan.
887. Northants County Council - Draft Northants Parking Standards Consultation
Noted, no further action.
888. Daventry District Council – Settlements & Local Plan and Gypsies & Travellers
Deferred for discussion at next meeting
889. Northants County Council – Joint Health & Wellbeing Strategy
890. DDC. Space, Sport & Recreation Review for West Northants
Errors in map referring to Stowe IX Churches were noted. Clerk to reply to DDC.
891. Join the Clean for the Queen Litter Pick
It was agreed to hold this on Saturday 5th March at 10.00am. Clerk to arrange for
892. Damage to Notice Board in Church Stowe.
Keith Mason agreed to arrange for repair.
893. Footpath Warden and Highway Warden Reports – No reports received
Date and Venue of Next Meeting Next Meeting: 14th March 2016 at 8.00pm.