Home.History.Churches.Clubs.Parish Council.Local information.
Home.History.Churches.Clubs.Parish Council.Local information.

 

   .

 

 

 STOWE NINE CHURCHES PARISH COUNCIL

 

                 Minutes of the Meeting held on 17th August 2015   

 

 

Present: Sharon Henley (Chairman), Angela Brodie, Keith Mason,

 Sue Stanley, David Lane, Graham Yandell

Daventry District Councillor Johnnie Amos

 

The Chairman welcomed Councillor Johnnie Amos to his first meeting of the Parish Council

 

802. To receive Councillor Yandell’s Acceptance of Office.

            Councillor Yandell, having been elected, read aloud and signed his Acceptance of Office

 

803. Apologies for Absence:  Jon Hillyard (Personal).

804. Declarations of interest. Graham Yandell declared a non pecuniary interest in Item 813.

 

805. Resolution to sign and approve Minutes of Regular Meeting dated 6th July 2015    

These were signed by the Chairman as a true and accurate record of the meeting.

 

806. Matters Arising – from previous minutes for updates only

      i) Item 806 i) – Blocked ditch, Upper Stowe.

  Ian Smith, KeirWSP has promised to investigate the problem within the coming week

 

807. Planning Approvals – Review of past planning applications                      

Planning Application DA/2012/0876

Concern has been expressed that the appearance and positioning of the boathouse was not in accordance with the conditions of the planning approval. The Chairman agreed to discuss this with Sir Peter Ellwood before contacting DDC.

 

808. Statement of Accounts/Accounts for Payment.

           i) The balance of account in the Nationwide Building Society was £2122.05

          ii) DDC – Fee for uncontested Parish Council Election 7th May 2015 - £83.00

Proposed by David Lane, seconded by Graham Yandell and agreed unanimously that the   

 above account should be passed for payment

 

809.  Community Defibrillator

 

a) Community funding update

There has been an excellent response to the community funding project. Various activities  organised by Jo Dickson have raised a total of £767.70. The Summer Sizzler event   organised by Graham Yandell raised a total of £855.22; a significant proportion of which  was due to the personal generosity of Graham. The Parish Council placed on record their  appreciation of the excellent result arising from the hard work of Jo, Graham and  their  many helpers.

 

 

 

 

 

b) Defibrillator Purchase Timing.

The Clerk had circulated to Councillors a financial plan showing that, after allowing for the  Community Funding amount recorded above, it would be possible to place orders for the  defibrillators and cabinets in advance of receipt of the second tranche of precept funding in  September. It was agreed to place orders for two CR Plus Lifepak Defibrillators at a  cost of £650.00 plus V.A.T. each from Physio Control and two Heated Cabinets at a cost of  £475.00 plus V.A.T. each from Turtle Engineering Ltd. Proposed by Keith Mason, seconded  by David Lane and approved unanimously.

The terms of trading with Physio Control was for payment 30 days after invoice date. The  order will therefore be place at the end of August to ensure that payment will not be required  until early October. The terms of trading with Turtle Engineering Ltd. however required  payment with order. In order that the cabinets would be received in time it will be necessary  to proceed with this before the date of the next Parish Council Meeting on 28th September.

It was therefore proposed by Sharon Henley, seconded by David Lane and approved  unanimously that a payment of £1140.00 to Turtle Engineering Ltd should be authorised.

 

c) Training

The Clerk had agreed with Mandy Lowe from EMAS to hold a training session on either 1st  October or 5th October. It was agreed to proceed with this on 1st October at 7.30pm in the  Old School Rooms. The training would last approximately 2 hours for a maximum of twelve  people. It was agreed to publicise this in the Village Newsletter. Steve Gilkes agreed to hold  further training sessions if there was sufficient demand.

 

d) Ongoing audit and maintenance of defibrillators.

It will be necessary for regular checks to be made on the condition of the defibrillators to  ensure that they are always in good condition. Steve Gilkes very kindly agreed to undertake  this responsibility.

810. Radar Memorial – Brown Tourist Sign

The Clerk held a site meeting with Ian Boyes from KeirWSP on 10th August to look into the feasibility of positioning two signs approximately70 metres each side if the memorial. Ian  agreed to draw up a proposal for the signs using black lettering on white background. He  estimated the likely cost to be approx, £350.00 plus V.A.T. for each sign. Councillor Amos  offered to look into why Highways England would not allow a brown sign on the A5. He  also said that he would talk to Councillor Robin Brown regarding possible funding from his  County Councillor’s empowering fund.

 

811. Local Code of Conduct 2015.

DDC have amended the Code of Conduct with some minor changes. As the Parish Council  have previously adopted this code it was proposed by Graham Yandell, seconded by Angela  Brodie and agreed unanimously that the amended code should also be adopted.

 

812.  Big Switch

Agreed to put posters on notice boards publicising this initiative from DDC

 

813. Dog Control

Graham Yandell brought to the attention of the Parish Council that, following an incident  where his dog had been attacked by an uncontrolled dog owned by Mr Lucas, he had  reported this to the DDC Dog Control Wardens and also to the Police. He also raised  concern over the very poor response from the Police 101 Service. As a consequence of this  he has written a letter of complaint to the Police and Crime Commissioner for  Northamptonshire.

 

814. DDC – Guidance on CIL for Parish Councils

The contents of this were noted

 

815. Footpath Warden

Mr. Nigel Bright has decided that he can no longer act as Footpath Warden. Steve Gilkes  has kindly agreed to carry out this role in addition to his duties as Highway Warden. It was  agreed to write to thank Mr Bright and also to advise NCC of the change.

 

816. Highway Warden Report

a) The problem of the blocked gully outside Highbank, Main Street, Church Stowe has still  not been resolved. The Clerk was asked to write to the enforcement officer at  Northamptonshire Highways to request urgent action.

b) Steve Gilkes will contact Ian Boyes at KeirWSP regarding the schedule for road  sweeping.

c) The problem of road flooding on the A5 was raised as there had been several occasions  where motor vehicles had lost control when hitting the flooded road. The Clerk was asked to  contact Highways England to request that they urgently deal with this problem.

 

817. Date and Venue of Next Meeting   

Next Meeting: 28th September 2015

Future dates:  9th November 2015, 9th November 2015 and 14th December 2015.

All meetings will be held in The Old School Rooms Church Stowe at 8.00pm unless otherwise advised

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Back